Sunday 22 September 2013

Cute things

Needles to say, I've given up on the whole jumper thing. However, I have some other, nicer jumpers which I have exciting plans for....

This week, in between the irritating time consuming thing called going to work, I've been doing a nice little bit of creating and some experimenting.
I really need more things to put in my online shop: www.thegiftlab.misi.co.uk and I decided to start a line in keyrings.

First I made this one using a pattern from the amazing book Lisa gave me:



Then I decided to experiment with making something original, cute and a little bit geeky. Here's what I came up with:



It's supposed to be an alpha particle by the way! I reckon it still needs a little tweaking before I put it up for sale, but hey that's why I call this the gift lab. I reckon I'm going to attempt some more: I have visions of bacteria, red blood cells, test tubes... so many ideas, so little time!


This week I have also been working on a cute little knitted bunny rabbit. It has brought me a lot of joy! (except when I couldn't get the head pieces to fit together, and ended up with what looked like an abscess which I had to operate on!)

I found the pattern here: http://bysmallmeans.wordpress.com/free-patterns-and-tutorials/
It's not bad for a free pattern, and fairly quick to make as it's small.

Here is my finished product:














Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

No comments:

Post a Comment